- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation in May 2020 remained low recorded at 0.07% (mtm), lower than the previous month inflation of 0.08% (mtm).
- Indonesia's Balance of Payments (NPI) performance in the first quarter of 2020 was maintained, supporting the stability of the external sector of the Indonesian economy. Overall, the balance of payments experienced a deficit of USD 8.5 billion in the first quarter of 2020.
- During May 2020, the composite share price index (CSPI) on the Indonesia Stock Exchange rose 0.79% or 37.43 points from 4,716.40 on April 30 to 4,753.61 on May 29, ending trading this month
- Throughout May, the rupiah strengthened 1.69% against the greenback. The strengthening of the rupiah slowed, because in the previous month the country's currency was able to book an appreciation of more than 9%.
- Meeting of the Board of Commissioners of the Indonesian Deposit Insurance Corporation (LPS) on Wednesday (5/27/2020) decided to reduce the guarantee interest rate for rupiah and foreign currency deposits in commercial banks and rupiah deposits in Rural Banks (BPR) by 25 basis points each. (bps)
Monthly Economic & Market Outlook
Disclaimer :This document is for informational purposes only and obtained from a variety of reliable sources, but is not a guarantee the accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on completely. The above conditions may be changed at any time. Forbidden to rewrite anything without written permission from The East Java Regional Development Bank.