- Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation in February 2020 was recorded at 0.28% (mtm), lower than the previous month of 0.39% (mtm).
- The balance of payments in the fourth quarter recorded a surplus of 4.3 billion US dollars, improved compared to the previous quarter which experienced a deficit of 46 million US dollars.
- January, the Rupiah became the best performing currency in the world, strengthening 2.29% against the US dollar. The opposite performance occurred in February, the rupiah dropped especially last week. In February the rupiah sank 5.05%
- The central bank of the United States of America (US) The Federal Reserves suddenly cut its benchmark interest rate at an Incidental meeting on 3/3/2020. No half-hearted, the Federal Funds Rate immediately cut 50 basis points (bps) to 1- 1.25%
- Bank Indonesia Board of Governors' Meeting (RDG) on 19-20 February 2020 decided to reduce the BI 7-Day Reverse Repo Rate (BI7DRR) by 25 bps to 4.75%, the Deposit Facility interest rate by 25 bps to 4.00%, and Lending Facility interest rate of 25 bps to 5.50%
Monthly Economic & Market Outlook
Disclaimer :This document is for informational purposes only and obtained from a variety of reliable sources, but is not a guarantee the accuracy or completeness and should not be relied on completely. The above conditions may be changed at any time. Forbidden to rewrite anything without written permission from The East Java Regional Development Bank.